Mike -

Perhaps you can explain why in the report the term, "/normal to the
airflow/" rather 'than parallel with', or 'perpendicular to' the airflow
is used.   Is that a common reference in the UK? It just seems a little
nebulous to me in understanding immediately upon reading the report, and
it would seem sensible to think that normal would be in line with
airflow . . .
but then ours (US) is a lower grade society, after all !!

George