?I?ve never
heard or remember anyone actually building one from his plans that ended up
weighing 310 lbs or less.
?KR1.5? N3151K? EMPTY WEIGHT IS 479#?Joe Cruz
cruzj12 at frontiernet.net
KR1.5 N3151K
KR2S builder

      On Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:22 PM, Chris Prata via KRnet <krnet at
list.krnet.org> wrote:

Chris,

I?ve never
heard or remember anyone actually building one from his plans that ended up
weighing 310 lbs or less.

Ed J.

Yeah, I figured that was optimistic. Aviation is that way. Fighter planes
advertised with astounding climb rates and top speed, but not with armament or
external tanks comes to mind.
I am sure the idea is to "build per plans, and as light as possible" but
hopefully some replies will describe the weight less engine, that will be
interesting if available. It would also be good to know the all-up weight of
the various VW versions from 1200 through 2300.