Joe

It is going to depend on where you position the anchor point in relation to the
pivot of the board. The closer to the pivot point the faster it will open and
close, however you will need a lot of torque to do that but a shorter actuator.
The further away will take longer, less force and a longer actuator.

Bill Wood
Technical Consultant/R&D (EXT-262)
Guspro (Ice King)
Guspro Inc., Chatham, ON
PH: 1-888-648-7776 / FX: 1-800-667-8742

At an actuation rate of 12mm or .472 inches per second it will take
approximately 12 seconds for the belly board to fully extend.

Is that fast enough?

Joe

<krnet at list.krnet.org<mailto:krnet at list.krnet.org>>
list.krnet.org,PPaulVsk at aol.com<mailto:krnet at list.krnet.org,PPaulVsk at
found this 6" actuator at Everestpart Supplies.

They also have 4" and 12".  I think from what I've read 6" should be ok. Any
advise?

http://www.everestpartssupplies.com/products/new-heavy-duty-linear-actuator-6-inch-stroke-225-pound-max-lift-dc-12v-12-volt

Paul Visk

Belleville Il.