Years ago I raced motorcycles and OEM Japanese coils were notoriously
cheesy, some brands of bikes worse than others. I never raced new bikes
so they all had some time (but in many cases, not much time) on them
when I got them. After some frustrating issues I made it a practice to
replace coils right away with new ones or, better yet, performance coils
from Accel or whatever. I would think current coils are better quality
than I experienced decades ago but maybe not.

Chris