Back in my early working days I was called to a customer's factory to sell them
a new paper cutter. I thought I would be selling to an in-house printshop. My
jaw dropped when I stepped into a giant room where HP made it's transformers
and coils, and found hundreds of ladies at tables spinning fine wire around
cores, separated by long strips of brown paper. Capacitors, coils and
transformers are delicate constructions, and the hotter they run, the shorter
their life is.

After some frustrating issues I made it a practice to
replace coils right away
with new ones or, better yet, performance coils
from Accel or whatever. I
would think current coils are better quality
than I experienced decades ago
but maybe not.

Chris