First off, well done to both of you excellent pilots. I am very happy
that both of you are alive and not hurt.

Was this the #3 exhaust valve?

Seems I have experienced the same valve swallowing event I have
experienced twice but it was in a '65 VW Microbus  and '65 VW Bug so I
was on the ground and not at 7500'. Total loss of engine.  This is
probably the biggest reason I question the use of the VW engine.

Earl Klinker