Tony King said,

> "Lithium batteries make great starter batteries because they are
capable of
much higher discharge rates than lead acid batteries for a given amount
of
energy stored.  This one of the factors that enables users to install a
much lighter lithium battery than the lead acid equivalent - a 10AH
lithium
battery might have the same cranking performance as a 20AH lead acid
battery."

Thanks for that excellent information Tony.  I've known snatches of some
of the points you make about these batteries.  Lead acid in it's various
permutations gives me good feelings whereas the lithium ones, no.  I
would have called it blind prejudice and not tried to justify my choices
. . . that's really the only thing I could honestly do since I'm going on
nothing but intuition and a few stories - not counting the ones that show
up on TV.  I really didn't and don't know enough about lithium technology
to make any sense trying to discuss them intelligently.  Ignorance
doesn't contribute to making a good case, either for or against.

Although I didn't know exactly quite why I've not been feeling good about
lithiums, it seems clear my instincts continue to serve me well.

Mike
KSEE

A Balance Transfer Card With An Outrageously Long Intro Rate And No Balance
Transfer Fees That Can Save You Thousands
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/562138f8317e938f71106st02vuc