From: KRnet [mailto:krnet-bounces at list.krnet.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Scott
via KRnet
Sent: Sunday, November 1, 2015 3:33 PM
To: krnet at list.krnet.org
Cc: Jeff Scott
Subject: Re: KR> never know what you will find at Craigslist

Remember, YOU don't have to build 51% of the aircraft to register as an
amateur build aircraft.  You just have to demonstrate that 51% was amateur
built. With the fuselage all being 5/8" spruce and plywood that is clearly
hand laid and glued with lots of hand laid glass, I don't think that will be
an issue.  BTW, I did this several years ago when I acquired an Avid Flyer
under similar circumstances.

To get a Repairmans Certificate, you have to demonstrate enough knowledge of
the aircraft to convince the DAR, who will send a letter to the FSDO, that
you know enough about the construction to properly maintain the aircraft.

-Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

please see other KRnet info at http://www.krnet.org/info.html see