The Wittman extension is fabricated, not cast. The conical portion is
wrapped .125 aluminum sheet. There is a bearing holder in the nose for a
wheel bearing from some model of GM full-size front-drive sedan. The
extension shaft terminates in a taper that will take an old Continental
taper hub from a tapered shaft A-65. There is no anti-vibration link in
the plans for the unit that I have.

The original version of Great Plains' rear drive was not the bolt-on
prop extension now in the catalog, it was a cast conical housing with a
mounting hole for a starter. It looked to me like the extension length
of the prop was pretty close, if not identical, to Steve Wittman's. An
internal shaft ran from the flywheel to the prop hub. I don't know if
the prop hub was also a Continental tapered hub.

On Steve Wittman's V-Witt, the extended nosebowl acts as a plenum for
his updraft cooling setup. He wrapped an oil line around the conical
extension, stood off with spark plug wire separator "loom" clips, for
oil cooling. He drove a magneto off the pulley end of the crank, and I
seem to recall reading somewhere that the mag was from a forklift. This
is the setup I'm using as a baseline for my powerplant installation. The
mag will be belt driven like the original KR1 but will have to be turned
around, sitting over (or under) the engine.