Thanks for all of the input to my question regarding KR2S modifications.  I am,
however, a little confused (doesn't take much) about adding length to the KR2S
plans fuselage and could use help with some clarity.

Joe Horton said:   ?I am flying my first KR2S and it is longer than a KR2 and
mine is 1 1/2" longer than the KR2S plans?

Larry Flesner said:   "Starting over I'd go with the standard KR2S length...,
and the two inches forward of the spar"

Robert Pesak said:  "I added 3 inches forward of my main spar and 14 inches aft
of the main spar, and it flies just fine with a 0200 continental."

Wayne DeLisle said:  " the KR2S already has an extra 2" added in the cowl area.
No need to add more."

Mark Jones said:  ".... is exactly the way my KR2S is built. Two inches forward
of spar."

>From Mark Langford's KR2S fuselage website:  ?What would I do differently
>given the opportunity? I'd probably use all of the 14 feet of longeron
>material that Wicks Aircraft sent me, by adding 2.75" to each of the seven
>bays AFT of the aft spars, yielding a plane 19.25" longer. Another option is
>to add another bay back there, with the same dimensions as the others.?

I realize this is not an exact science but from the 'average' of this
experienced input, it sounds like the better way to go would be to add another
2? forward of the main spar and leave the aft portion per the KR2S plans.
This, with using a Corvair engine, tricycle gear, and the ?stock? horiz stab
length (with new airfoil) would work out okay.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

Gary Wold

EAA Lifetime member

Eagle Scout

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you will always long
to return."   - Leonardo da Vinci