You want the probs in clean air as possible. However you will calibrate it to
your airplane and that will take out all the variables.?
Paul ViskBellevill Il.?618 406 4705 however

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S? 6.-------- Original message --------From:
Pete Klapp via KRnet <krnet at list.krnet.org> Date: 2/24/2016  8:35 PM
(GMT-06:00) To: krnet at list.krnet.org Cc: Pete Klapp <pkengr at hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: KR> Angle of Attack sys

Larry
I misspoke. The unit I have is the Sport not the Pro version where you have to
install pressure ports in the bottom and top of the wing somewhere between 15
to 40% of the wing chord. My question was where along the wing, outside the
prop wash area, is the best place. Is there a problem? with being to close to
the wingtip or a fuel cap, does surface? with rivets pose an issue? Those are
the questions I have.
Pete

> Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:21:40 -0600
> To: krnet at list.krnet.org
> Subject: KR> Angle of Attack sys
> From: krnet at list.krnet.org
> CC: flesner at frontier.com
>
> At 11:53 AM 2/24/2016, you wrote:
> >Has anyone installed an AOA warning system in their KR-2S? I'm
> >looking for suggestions as to pressure port locations that anyone
> >has used for their installation.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Pete,
>
> I looked at the unit you have on line.? Both pressure ports on
> located on the single pitot assembly.? You simply have to get the
> pitot assembly located on the wing to be properly aligned for cruise
> or as directed in the mounting instructions.? As the angle of attack
> increases at slower speeds, the difference in pressure between the
> two fixed ports gives you a read on the panel.? The pitot assembly
> looks exactly like the one installed on a friends RV10.? Once
> installed, it was calibrated in flight with a simple procedure of
> doing a 5 degree nose up and down from level flight and then doing a
> stall.? Yours will have its own specific instructions. If you don't
> have the procedure for your assembly, contact the manufacturer.
>
> Larry Flesner

> options