It's not a matter of seeing the big guys vs the small guys.  Most pilots
needing a transponder upgrade are going to go with mode-S 1090es.  That is what
all the Dynon units in Experimentals use.  It's more a matter of being able to
get a more complete and quickly updated picture when you are out of range of an
ADS-B tower, typically when at low altitude near smaller airports vs only less
complete traffic picture if out of range of an ADS-B tower, or even if you are
within range of an ADS-B tower, getting slower traffic updates as you will be
waiting for the ADS-B tower to rebroadcast vs receiving the traffic updates
directly plane to plane.

However, it will work either way.  It's only a matter degree as to how well it
works.

-Jeff Scott

-----------?
My opinion on the ADSB ?is that having the duel band receiver is nice but not
really necessary. ?It is ture, you will not see the bigger airplanes and they
will not see you if you are NOT in range of a ground station. If you are
receiving a ground ?station everyone will see everyone. ?The only time you will
be interacting with the big airplanes will be by bigger airports and they will
have coverage from ground base coverage.If you fly alot in remote areas then
duel band would be handy.This is what I've learned. ?My opinion might change
when I start flying my plane.
Paul Visk?Belleville IL ?618 406 4705
Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S?4