Hi Joe,

I don't have any experience with these parts either, however I must ask a
few questions that would hopefully help someone who knows more.

I would expect the impulse signal to be something you would not read on a
DC or AC setting on a DMM (multi-meter) but could be read on other types
of meters/scopes.  What did you use?

Do you have a manufacturer and part number for these components?

Regards,
Tucker