Larry wrote:

Does anyone have any knowledge of this airplane?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32133949/001%20%282%29.jpg
I recall it was being built for attempts at long distance records.

***********

Anyther KR mystery plane.  That one looks really interesting.

I think it was at Mt. Vernon 2009 there was a fellow down from Seattle
who was in the test phase of his turbocharged KR.  I got to know him at
the Gathering and was closely following his progress.  He had made a
video of his most recent test run when he just disappeared.  Emails
bounced back undelivered.  I know Larry remembers this fellow since you
looked him up on the register when I was trying to find out what happened
to him.  He and his turbocharged plane, at the point of doing the first
flight . . . just disappeared.

Here at Gillespie we've got another mystery KR.  It was/is Don's second
one since he scrapped the first one because as he was building he kept
having ideas about improvements he wanted to make.  At some point he just
started over.  The second one was/is a very remarkable KR.  It follows
what has become the normal fuselage size improvements and has an 0-200,
sidestick, a panel full of fancy glass plus an autopilot.  The wings have
detachable outer panels for the long-distance record flights he was/is
intending to fly.  He has enough fuel to go from here (KSEE) to Hawaii
and beyond.  BTW, that's the longest overwater stretch on the planet so
if you can make that distance (KSFO - KITO - 2341 SM) one can go
anywhere.   Each of his tanks had expensive little capacitative senders
that were programmable to account for the slant of the wings to render an
accurate fuel level.  It was/is quite a plane.  For normal flying he
intended to leave the outer panels off, although with them on he not only
had a world traveller but also had the span of a sailplane and thus could
go soaring if he felt like it.

I've attached a couple pictures of his cockpit.

I haven't been in Don's hangar for at least two years and didn't get his
contact info so the status of his remarkable aircraft remains a mystery.
He wasn't far from being ready to fly when I was visiting.  Whenever I'm
around his part of the airport I look to see if his door is open but so
far . . . nada.   His hangar neighbors must know something so I just need
to make a better effort.

Mike Stirewalt
KSEE
Laser147 at Juno.com

How To Fix Your Fatigue (Do This Every Day)
gundrymd.com
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/58179b30ac671b2f4bb2st02vuc