Thanks Oscar....I reversed William's numbers.

Mark Jones

-----Original Message-----
From: Oscar Zuniga [mailto:taildr...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:42 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR>aluminum wing tanks

Mark Jones wrote-

>Now, let's say we burn 6.5 gallons (39.65 lbs) per hour, that would give us

>3.5 hours
>of fuel. Now, let's say we cruise at 180mph, that gives us a range of 630
>miles.

William's website gives the fuel consumption as 5.6 gal./hr. at 75% power
for the 164 cubic inch Corvair.  Using those numbers, you would have a tad
over 4 hrs. endurance and a range of 720 miles.  But to be realistic, using
VFR reserves and allowing for unusable fuel, (not to mention personal
endurance limits) you could say you could preflight a solid 3.5 hr. typical
flight leg time and around 650 SM no-wind range and nobody would argue.

But everyone knows that only the KR in the Rand-Robinson promo literature
cruises 180MPH anyway ;o)

Oscar Zuniga
San Antonio, TX
mailto: taildr...@hotmail.com