From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Timothy Bellville
Sent: 10/06/2003 10:04
To: kr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR>KR landing gear/brakes

Hi everyone,
I have a couple of new questions.
Awhile back , when I wrote about putting toe brakes on my Kr2, a gentleman
warned me to beef up the rudder control horn else I would bend it pressing
to hard on the brakes. I have found this to be true.
On my sonerai this was never a issue due to the metal construction of the
whole tail, but on the Kr, I am hesitant to change the design.
Does anyone know of a way to reinforce this area without doing major surgery
or adding to much additional weight?
And has anyone ever used a hand brake mounted to the stick to apply both
brakes at the same time? I had this Idea when I was contemplating the
control horn problem.
Also I have retracts, if it matters.
Thanks everyone,
Tim