I recently read about a guy in Arizona looking for other Arizonans. But I
lost the mail on it. So I think your idea is great.
I am Peter Sanchez
From: Mesa Arizona
Building: Kr2s
Powered by: Corvair stock 110
BUT, Big BUT. I followed original plans and want my better half to fit with
me. Because of this, I am starting all over. Going to widen 4 inches at least
and have been saving my AS5046 wing templates for this conversion. I have the
RR prefab Turtle deck Canopy and frwrd fuse which I intend to use by splitting
and widening. Basically, dumping 3 years of stolen hours to widen and add all
the new goodies to make a better plane than what I've got currently to include
the outer wing tanks.

PS. Anyone reading plane and pilot, there's an old article concerning outer
fuel tanks on the piper 235 which I enjoy flying. Goes into good detail about
the advantages of the weight of fuel being carried by the outer portion of the
wing. Outer wing lift factors sustain its own weight. This as been discussed
in other mails read. This does alleviate pressures on the center sections.