From: KR builders and pilots
Date: Sunday, August 03, 2003 20:37:09
To: KR builders and pilots
Subject: Re: KR>(no subject)

> I bought a Sony Mavica for the school library, mainly because it uses
> standard floppy disks.

That's probably great for a library, where you might not "get out" much, but
out in the field, the 1.44M of disk space that a floppy offers will only
save two of my pictures! I bought a 256M Flashcard for 30 bucks a few
months ago, enough to yield 440 pictures at the highest resolution my camera
can shoot! A USB card reader is normally something like 20 bucks, but I got
mine free from some company just for buying another card earlier.

The floppy dictates a large squarish footprint for the camera too, and some
funky ergonomics, I suspect. Maybe miniCD is better. Can't say, not
knowing!

But I'm all for the Olympus Camedias too. The 360L or 390L or whatever it's
up to these days. I started out with their first one (and several others)
and it was the best by far of the ones I tried. Olympus seems to care about
image quality more than most.

I wrote some stuff about digital photography (although it's old) and
creating webpages, at the top of http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/misc.html
, if it helps at all...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net