Netters,
     I don't understand all the talk about pin holes being such a problem.
When I built the KR-1 and KR-2 years ago (l977)  after laying up fiberglass and
resin we covered the entire surface with a piece of cordite sprayed with mold
release. This is kind of like cling wrap only thicker.  When it was dry and the
cling wrap removed the surface was so smooth that very little sanding was
required.  After minimal sanding a coat of feather fill was applied and sanded.
 Feather fill sands out very easy to a surface smooth as a shirt button.  There
were a few pin holes of course but there was also a product like bondo that
came in a tube like tooth paste.  each pin hole got a finger dab of this paste
and then final sanding ready for sealer and paint.  The finish was so good on
our KR-2, we won the best composite prize at the Chino Airport EAA Fly-in in
1977.  One of the judges told me that their final decision was biased on the
beautiful finish.  There are much better products on the market today than
Feather fill and bondo so I just don't see pin holes being that big a problem.

Bob Stone, Harker Heights, TX
rsto...@hot.rr.com