>Ross indicated that he test-fitted his cockpit and canopy wearing a bike
>helmet.  The KRs I've sat in (and I'm 5'-10") were snug to the top of my
>head just with a headset on.  With a helmet- no way.
>Oscar Zuniga

The KR design lends itself well to modification and there is no reason
to build an airplane (KR) that you are not comfortable in or that does
not fit the builder.

As someone posted eariler (Dan, I believe), build your seat assembly
before starting on the turtledeck/canopy/windshield.  Have someone
measure your body using a bubble level placed on your head and
measure to the top of the seat back or longerons for a reference.

I used foam and formed plywood bows to build my canopy/gullwing
door/turtledeck to the height I knew would work for me.  I extended
the gullwing door area approx 7.5 inches vertically above the
longerons before arcing over to the top at a height I knew would
give me the headroom I wanted.  I used a 32 gallon trash can lid
to give me the arc from side to top and it worked out very well.
There are some pictures on Mark Langford's web site if you
care to check out the results.

As always, your results may vary.

Larry ( trying to get the grin off my face while I taxi ) Flesner