I happen to be a crew dog on AWACS, and found myself dealing with Air Force
One just the other day.  I've even rolled some F-15's in on a guy in a spam
can to figure out what he was up to, but that happened several months ago.
If you wind up getting a fly-by from an F-15, your bad day isn't over when
he discovers that you don't have any weapons...you just get to keep flying
without getting shot down.  When you land, from what I understand, the cops
or the FBI comes and sits you down and figures out just why you did what you
did.  Not too fun, I'd say.

So, here are a few things that could get you looked at in a funny way:
-Being inside the no-fly area (no brainer, but easy to do if you don't know
where it is)
-Not talking to center
-Not squawking anything
-Squawking 1200  (especially when you aren't talking to center)
-Not responding to the "Unknown aircraft at location (lat/lon) state your
intentions" call on guard

Precautions you should take, if you don't read the notams:
-Know your position in coordinates
-File a flight plan
-Monitor 121.5 or 243.0 (as if there are any UHF radios on any KR's)
-Squawk

If you are hearing the callsigns Darkstar, Bandsaw, Goliath, Chalice, or
even Dragnet used on guard, someone is about to have a bad day.

Fly safe.  I'll be flying on Friday (not making it to Red Oak), and I hope I
don't have to talk to anyone on guard, even though it would make my mission
a bit more interesting.

Mark Youkey
myou...@cox.net
Oklahoma City