I want to put the antennas vertically in the rear of the fuselage,
except for the transponder which I will put under the pilot seat projecting
to the exterior.  I am thinking alum disks would work,  but have no idea as
to what size they would have to be.  Any help or suggestions will be
appreciated.
>From: resa...@cox.net

For my ELT antenna ground plane I used "tin foil" and attached it to
the fuselage floor with spray adhesive.  Just make sure you have a
good connection between the foil and where it attaches to the ground
connection on the antenna.

As for the transponder antenna under the pilots seat, someone on
the net might know if the radiation that close to your body is a
wise decision or not.  Are you through having children? :-)

I once heard a report of a police officer getting cancer from his
radar gun as he always placed it on his lap when not shooting
motorist.  True or not it's food for thought.  Your xponder will
be putting out radiation with each reply it sends out.

Larry Flesner