Scott Cable wrote:

> So to answer Gavin's question, yes, there are plenty
> of low wing aircraft with the dihedral starting at the
> center.  There are far and above many more examples of
> low wing aircraft where the dihedral starts outbd of
> the center, reasons for which are stated above.

I don't have time to find the original question (this message is not a RE),
but a lot of people might think that you're saying not to bend the spars at
all, when I believe what you are saying is not to bend them from the
centerline of the aircraft going outwards, but instead start bending them
right after they exit the fuselage, which is the way I've advocated doing
it.  If you do it "my" way, all of these concerns are mininized into
insignificance.  And where I've recommended doing this, we'd be using the
AS5048 at the root, which is something like 20% stronger than stock spar if
the same spar cap dimensions are used...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
N56ML at hiwaay.net
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford