Hi Dene

A friend of mine has done in the region of 500Hrs on a type IV 2.0 Ltin
a Teenie Two, he had a forced landing two years ago, plane was a right
off, the prop flange bent but crank still fine, he has nearly completed
his replacement Teenie Two,his prop flange was made according to
drawings in the manual mentioned,however the material was EN19 condition
T, it very close to 4130.

If memory serves me correct a cars clutch exerts a force of about
1700lbs thrust on the thrust bearing, a prop pulls in the region of
200lbs thrust on the thrust bearing.

Regards

Norshel Control Instrumentation cc
Norman Stapelberg
Cell: 027 83 277 9725
Home: 027 11 818 1345
Fax: 027 11 818 3547

Mark L wrote:
I'd run it off the crank end, where the power was meant to be

Thanks for the reply, I was unaware of any failures of the type IV crank
at all.

see KRnet list details at http://www.krnet.org/instructions.html