I have been flying for about 30 years now and the Cessna 150 (152) is
still my favourite aircraft to fly.

When I took my flight test I couldn't use a 150 (which I had taken my
instruction in) as with myself and any examiner I could find we would be
overweight.  I don't remember what the load limit is for the 150 but
it's not great either. As far as a time builder you may want to stay
slower.
A fast plane gets you where ever you are going much faster. So you build
less time. Also a fast plane can easily get ahead of you when in the
learning phase. When I got my license I went out and bought a Super
Viking  (about 170 mph cruise) It took almost as long to get comfortable
with the speed as it did to get my license in the first place.
Russ Fenlason-Breckenridge, MN