>I am curious on the tailwheel size most kr2's are using . mine is very
>small 3" and gets hung up on the slightest crack , worst in grass ect .
>I want to go to an air tire approx 6'' . This will also give me a little
>visibilty infront of the craft .
>.. Thanks Kevin

Kevin,

I searched in vain for months for a 6" pneumatic tailwheel and found
nothing.  I have a Matco 6" solid tailwheel that works well but
wanted to trim 2 pounds off the tail and ordered a 4" solid tire,
steerable, full swivel unit from

Aviation Products Inc
(805) 646-6042     114 Bryant St Ojai CA 93023

It is their lightweight single fork unit.  The overall quality seems
good but I am a bit disappointed in their bearings.  The first time
I tried it it seemed noisy.   It seemed that one bearing was a bit
rough.  I sent the wheel back and they replaced the bearings.
I put the unit back on the KR yesterday but have not had a chance
to fly it.  From my searchings I'd say that is about as close as you'll
come to what you are looking for and keep the weight down.

Larry Flesner
Carterville, Illinois