This one is for structure experts.

I have been dreaming for a while of cutting a window (a clear hatch, if you
prefer) under the passenger seat. This would be a round window, about 12 cm
(say 6 inches) in diameter. I would use it when I fly solo, with the
passenger seat bottom cushion removed, as a camera window, to take pictures
(verticall, or at a deep angle). Ideally, it could open, so that I can get a
camera lens directly through it.

Questions:

- Is it feasible without weakening the structure?
- If yes, is 12cm / 6 inches diameter OK?
- How much must I reinforce (how thick must the reinforcement flange be?)
- How thick is the floor at that place?
- Any idea for the opening mechanism?

Serge Vidal
KR2 ZS-WEC