Prior to seeing the pop-rivet approach, my own plan
  was to use a pair of #8-32 or #10-32 truss head phillips
  machine screws.  A tiny hole was to be bored down through
  the head and shank of the bolt, and the threads would have
  helped grip the tubing.   Self-locking fiber nut and washers,
  of course, and length-to-suit.

  But I like the pop-rivet better; and the local hardware store
  has a wide assortment of aluminum pop-rivets of many
  diameters and lengths.   I'd avoid steel as it is harder to
  pull, will rust, etc.

  a r t

  Art Cacella   1970 American AA-1  N6155L  "Dinkie", flying
                     2004 Sonerai-I, on gear w/engine, making wings
                     2004 Moni-m/G, on gear, mounting engine, making
wings
                     2004 Polly, mini-RV-6, mounting engine & gear, all
else done
                     200? KR-1, bought the Plans in 1972, still unstarted
<sigh>
  Winston-Salem, NC

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:07:27 -0600 larry flesner <fles...@midwest.net>
writes:
> I suspect the total amount of expansion and contraction on a
> part that small would not be a problem.  From Dana's description
> it sounds like you "pull" the rivet but I wonder if you couldn't
> just epoxy the rivet in the wood skin with a small amount of
> epoxy on the exterior, under the head, and leave the shank intact.
>
> The hose connection on the inside would also tend to hold it in
> place
> if the rivet doesn't push out when installing the hose.
>
> Larry Flesner
> Carterville, Illinois

> see KRnet list details at http://www.krnet.org/instructions.html

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!