Those who asked for pics of my throttle, they are on their way. A few more
tips:

1 - Shape
My "throttle quadrant" is not really a quadrant. A quadrant is a portion of
a disk, right? So, real quadrants (like the Piper ones) have a handle that
is articulated at its BOTTOM. The quadrant box and the handle travel follow
two arcs on concentric circles, the center of the circles being the axle of
the handle. so, the distance between the throttle handle and the throttle
body remains the same at all time.
I did not like that for my KR, for two reasons:
- The friction knob would be at the bottom, and there, it conflicts with my
leg;
- The quadrant solution requires bends to the cable. Why is that? Well, you
want the cable to be pulled when you push the handle forward. So, the cable
must be routed at the bottom, around a pulley, and then hang to the handle.
A second pulley may even be required close to the top, if a lot of travel is
required. So, slightly more complex, less friendly in the cockpit, and it
wouldn't look as nice.
But if you prefer it that way, you can build it the same way as I did mine.
No difference, just make it a quadrant shape, and add a pulley at the
bottom, and if the travel ois not enough, add a second one near the top.

2 - Finish
I get questions about the nice finish of the aluminium. Well, all my
aluminium parts have that beautiful, glazed finish. The secret is a rotary
NYLON BRUSH. It looks like your typical electric drill wire brush, except it
has got Nylon hair. They do the same job as a wire brush, but don't get
distorted, and they last about ten times as much. And to polish aluminium,
it's a dream: they polish nicely and quickly without scratching. Mine come
from TRIPLEX, I suppose you can find other brands.
The second thing I do is once I am finished with all the parts, I dip them
in a hot bath of caustic soda solution FOR A FEW SECONDS. Caustic soda is
used to unblock drains, it is found everywhere, and is extremey cheap. The
idea is it is going to evenly oxidize the surface, giving it a slightly
gloss grey finish. The guy who gave me the tip said it prevents corrosion
for a very long time. This I don't know. I have been using it for non
structural parts for two years, and so far so good.

3 - Bends
As you can see, I gave the handle a double bend. What I use for bending
blocks is steel profiles (steel square tubes). They cost next to nothing and
have nice curves. All you have to do is choose a square tube section (with
curves matching the thickness of your part), cut to length, then clamp
together with your part in a vise. Then  you hammer the part with a rubber
mallet until you reach the bend angle. If you have to bend something 90
degrees, you finish the last few degrees by lifting the part a little bit.

That's all folks!

Serge Vidal
KR2 ZS-WEC
Tunis, Tunisia (the poor, frustrated pilot/builder)
Orleans, France (the neglected, lonely KR2)