Just two words on the situation, otherwise you will not understand the
question: I am in Tunisia, my KR2 is in France. I want to prepare my trip to
go there, and I will make a few mods to the aircraft. So, I am now busy
preparing parts, but I have no access to the aircraft now to check layouts,
dimensions, etc.

OK, here is the problem.

The transponder currently installed is a Bendix King KT 76. The transponder
antenna is probably a KA60. The antenna has been installed under the baggage
compartment shelf. As we have debated a few months ago, this is very bad,
because it probably frys my brains. So, I want to move the transponder
antenna to is normal location: under the belly. And I also want to make a
ground plane.

And here are the questions:

- What is the correct size and shape for the ground plane?
- How is the antenna mounted? How many holes, what size? How many contacts?
- How does the antenna contact to the ground plane? Is it through its
mounting washer?
- I intend to make the ground plane with a sheet of aluminum foil, which
will be reinforced by a sheet of Vinyl on top. Must I leave a large hole in
the middle of the Vinyl, to allow the foil to make contact with the washer?
- What can I use to glue the antenna plane to the floor?
Is double sided adhesive OK? Is contact adhesive glue better? Or is it
better to glue the foil to a hard sheet of plastic, and screw everything in
place without glueing? Or is it better to cut the ground plane out of a thin
sheet of aluminum (0.8mm is the thinnest I can get)?

Serge Vidal
KR2 ZS-WEC
Tunis, Tunisia