From: "Scott Cable" <s2cab...@yahoo.com>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 8:05 PM
Subject: Re: KR>spelling, punctuation, and Mac-- & I'm Outta Here.....

> Oscar, Joe, and KRNetters,
> Your comments are certainly not appreciated and are certainly offensive.
I have, in fact eaten my share of "Humble Pie" on this one, and you making
further comments such as below is likened to rubbing salt into a wound.  The
majority of the commenters had taken my original comments to Mac, out of
context.--Which is the only reason why  I apologized to begin with.

> But since you seem to want to open this can of worms, then I feel that I
must comment back and for good:

> 1.) Seeing's how Mac has all of this flight test experience, does this
somehow exclude him from utilizing the spell checker?  Even Mac himself
admits that his English is: (and I quote him) "horrible".  So if he knows he
has a problem, an educated person would compensate by utilizing tools at his
easy disposal.  Right ?

> 2.) So Oscar, does this mean if you're building, test flying aircraft on a
regular basis that everyone on the Net must take time to read, re-read, and
decipher someone's hiroglyphic messages? meaning that that person's time is
more important than someone else's?

> I think NOT.
>
> FYI: I work in the Boeing Phantom Work's, on a program with a very, VERY
compressed, aggressive schedule.  For the last 3 weeks, I've been putting in
64+ hour work-weeks.
> Please believe me: I love my work, and truly enjoy the team of talented
people that I have the pleasure of working with., as I'm not complaining.

> My point being is this:
>   Myself and others simply don't have the time in the day to try and
decipher someone's mis-spelled, un-punctuated message.  In fact, it's
inconsiderate, self-serving and rude.

> I was under the impression when I started my project just over a year ago,
that the KRNet was a group dedicated to building and Flying the KR Series
aircraft.  Frankly, Oscar, if you don't have the courtesy to do a simple
thing like utilizing a spell check program before you send an eMail comment,
maybe you then should just "FALL OUT".

> The KRNet Administrator, just last week, got flamed for this very same
thing.  Mark was merely pointing out that these messages reach around the
globe, have a little consideration for others right? That's what I got from
it, as I wouldn't want to speak for Mark Langford.

>  Lately, all I've been spending my time doing is defending or explaining
something that was taken completely out of context.  This is activity that I
actually loathe, as it goes completely against everything I was ever
taught---Never explain yourself, your friends already know, and your enemies
don't care.

> My profession, and myself personally have been attacked on this Net by
Panzera, and others.  So because of comments such as below, and the fact
that all of this nonsense is only distracting my progress at work, and at
home on my aircraft project, I'm removing myself from this list.  I have
real aircraft to design and build.