Hi Guys
Thanks to all those who responded to my post regarding fuel cap/vent
location. I have an allergy to any lumps and bumps that break the lines so I
have decided on the following: 1: Fuel cap will seal 100%. 2: It will be
located under a flush lid that conforms to fuselage shape, in fact it will
be made from the piece that I cut out of the front deck. 3: Header vent will
be
from highest point in tank and will be routed to exit somewhere on the
underside of fuz facing forward for a little ram air. 4: Wing tank vents
will go to header tank and will be at the header "full" level which  will be
about 50mm from the top of tank. The reason for this is  if someone turns on
the fuel transfer pump when the header tank is already full, the wing tank
vents will become submerged and suck fuel in stead of air so circulate the
fuel in stead of dumping it out the header vent (impossible to overflow
header). 5: Wing tanks will be
filled via header as per Serge's system with an isolation valve in series so
the wing tanks don't have to be used on shorter trips. 6: In case of
transfer pump failure, my main feed to the motor goes via a 3 way 3 position
(all off, header, wings)
selector valve that can supply the motor from the header (normal) or
directly from the wing tanks (transfer pump failure). 6: sight guage on
header tank only, no plan for guages in wing tanks yet.
Thanks again.
Dene Collett
KR2S-RT builder
Port Elizabeth