Netters
    N96TA is at the airport getting her final details worked out.  Spent
yesterday and today finishing the wings install and detail inspection of these
areas and noticed several bolts mounted in rotational areas, aileron bellcrank
and connections, that had self locking nuts instead of castle nuts with cotter
pins or safety wire installed.  I don't know how many are familiar, but this is
a major no no.  All rotational attach points need to be either finish installed
with safety wire or cotter pins, or in some cases both.  So I spent the day
drilling and then re-fitting these attach bolts to the aileron control.
Tomorrow (later today) I will remove the bellcrank pivot bolts and give them
the same treatment.  Who-ever suggested buying extra bolts each time you order
what you need, I think this was Mark Jones, thank you.  These "extra" bolts
have come in handy lately as I finish these final steps.  I am also re-building
the left brake caliper which developed a leak after a year of sitting in the
garage ( thank you Larry Flesner for the directions ). I should have it
re-installed later today as well.  I will also be verifying the accuracy of my
altimeter tomorrow and if not within 100 feet ( IFR requires no more than 75
feet off as a maximum tolerance reference ) then I will have it calibrated at
the avionics shop.  Once I have the aileron bolts corrected I will install the
trim strips that came with the airplane.  I have tested the wingtip 3 way
lights and all work good, so I will be going for day & night VFR certification.
I will also have the local avionics shop set the Mode C to the altimeter, so
they match.  I will try to get some pictures sent to Dan for the site soon.
Later this week I will be painting the wheel pants and working out the mounting
for the brake covers, then painting them also.  These I will install once
testing is over with and I am sure I will not tear them up, HaHa!
Getting closer.....

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL