Netters,
Here is my solution after listening to everyone who contributed to my
installation and also considering my racing experience of how to deal with
these belts.  Keep in mind when looking at these pictures ( when Dan Heath gets
a chance to post them to our site), that I am NOT attempting to make our
aircraft withstand a  6-7 g load, nor a catastrophic failure/crash. My
experience has been in both the racing world and the flying world, that to
properly prepare an aircraft to withstand these kinds of situations makes it
impractical to fly. I have thoughtfully reinforced the mounting as suggested by
several netters, to withstand considerable loads. My intent has always been to
keep the belts operating in as straight of a line as possible, because although
valid arguments have been made to the contrary for attachments, the belts
degrade dramatically in their strength and longevity if they become twisted or
kinked. Dale Earnhart's death is a recent example of a perfectly good belt
system over-designed for the job, but installed incorrectly, and the belt
failed causing an unprepared secondary collision within the vehicle.  I can't
remember who, but one netter said make sure it is comfortable, because
otherwise you won't wear it.  Never so true a statement. The quote "example FAA
certified Cessna's" have their shoulder belts in a bad location for short
people, like me. I stand 5'4" and the shoulder belt cuts into my neck, and
attempts to strangle me. I wear it only for take off and landing, due to regs,
otherwise I would not even then. My belts will do no such thing, and are
installed to keep us in the plane unless there is no plane to be in! Thanks for
all the contributions. Getting closer.....

Colin & Bev Rainey KR2(td)
crain...@cfl.rr.com
http://kr-builder.org/Colin/index.html
Sanford, Florida