Ok Guys, Here is the scoop on what I have on the Ellison carb so far. I was
running a 32mm Aerocarb and having poor results. Why did I choose the 32mm? It
was recommended by William and also by Aeroconversions. Aeroconversions said
the 32 was running 0-200s with no problems. I simply could not get smooth
performance from the 32mm Aerocarb either as a gravity fed carb or a pressure
fed carb. It would idle fine but badly hesitated when I applied throttle. After
many trial and error test, I decided to ditch the Aerocarb. I have now acquired
an Ellison EFS-2. That's right, an EFS-2. I know William recommends a EFS-3A
for the Corvair engine but I had a chance on this carb so I took it. So far, I
am extremely pleased with the performance I am getting. The Ellison EFS-2 is a
35mm which is larger than the Aerocarb I had. I have it being fed by a Facet
pump with no header tank. I am achieving a 600 rpm idle. The engine simply
purrs like a sewing machine at idle through full throttle. There is absolutely
no hesitation when I advance the throttle. The mixture gives me close to a 50
rpm difference between full rich and full lean. I am turning a Sterba 56x64
wood prop at 2750 static. I can cycle the engine up and down repeatedly with no
hesitation or vibrations. The Ellison, in my opinion, outperforms the Aerocarb
on my Corvair set up. All of the testing I have done so far with the Ellison
has been brief due to the extreme cold temps up here in the last few weekends.
I hope soon I can fine tune the mixtures, re-set the engine timing, tweak a few
other things and see if I can get more static rpm. I think I can.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com
Visit my KR-2S CorvAIRCRAFT web site at