You also may have to lower the compression of the engine if you switch to
auto fuel.

-----Original Message-----
From: krnet-bounces+brian.kraut=engalt....@mylist.net
[mailto:krnet-bounces+brian.kraut=engalt....@mylist.net]On Behalf Of
Colin & Bev Rainey
Sent: Sunday, March 14, 2004 10:59 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR>Octanes

Netters,
Switching from 100LL to avgas of any grade will most likely require
rejetting of the carb or adjusting the mixture for a fuel injected system.
The volume of fuel required for proper combustion when dealing with
different octane's is a different volume.  In drag racing we noticed
differences between 100 leaded racing fuel and pump 94 Amoco white which is
the highest grade.  There will be significant differences and no-one should
take this lightly.  At best it can cause low power, at worst it will cause
engine failure through carbon fouling or lean out (depending on which side
of the curve you are on).  Expect any time you change fuel grade to
completely re-tune.  In drag racing  we found simple temp changes influenced
jet settings, mixture adjustments.  Please be careful!

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL
crain...@cfl.rr.com