I have to agree with Larry and say that any trigear setup can be collapsed.
One must remember to protect the nose gear by continuing the back pressure
increase throughout the flare until the nose settles on its own, or damage can
occur.  The Grumman Tiger, Cheetah, Traveler, and Lynx all have the same type
nose wheel, and it fairs them well, but is the weak link.  This is where I have
preached that one NEEDS to learn how to fly into ground effect first, and then
establish a landing attitude followed by a gradual flare as the airspeed bleeds
off. All too often pilots get in a hurry to get into the flare attitude on the
descent, and they are very near the stall when they enter ground effect.  They
try to continue flaring only to find too little airspeed, and too little
elevator left to flare, so the nose drops as they drop crashing to the runway,
smashing into a 3 point which overloads the nose gear.  Descend down final,
round out into ground effect and pause as you fly in ground effect with the
performance increase, and then begin the flare at the point when you begin to
descend again.  Works on every plane I have ever flown!   Happy flying....

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL
crain...@cfl.rr.com