I think in armonic vibrations.
What hapens if you put on it a PSRU?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Orma Robbins" <o...@aviation-mechanics.com>
To: "KRnet" <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 11:00 PM
Subject: KR> Type 4 failures

> The following arrived this evening from Steve Makish about his type 4
failures.

> Orma
>
> Hello, Steve here. My crank was a 78mm scat. It broke across the # 3 rod
(I think, it was so long ago) The crank was brand new and no mods were done
to it. It broke at about 220 hours. Dan Diehl broke one on his type 4 engine
also right about the same amount of hours. I also cracked a stock 71mm, but
I found that out on the ground and not in the air. I rebuilt the engine
again with a stock crank but had Steve Bennett put in his force one hub. I
flew it for about 25-50 hours before I sold it to a guy locally who was
building a kr2s. Strange sidenote. Last week at sun and fun a beautiful kr
tri gear pulled in from Venice fl. We got talking and he was a real nice
fellow. Come to find out he bought the guys project, finished it and is
flying with my old engine (110) hours so far. He was not happy with the
performance and was looking into putting in a corvair. funny how things work
out. Hope this answers your questions,