From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Colin & Bev Rainey
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 19:48
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> Alternator

Netters
I have searched the archives but no one really had any concrete uses of
alternators, beyond some suggestions of what might be used.  I am looking
for information about supplementing and or replacing the Diehl alternator
due to the electrical requirements that I have for full electrics,
especially for night flying.  I do not believe the 20 amp output is going to
keep up and want to go with an automotive type alternator that can deliver
more along the lines of 45 - 60 amp output.  Any suggestions by any who are
using them, actual applications.  I have the common Type I VW with Diehl
case, and pretty stock cowling.

Colin & Bev Rainey
KR2(td) N96TA
Sanford, FL