I have had several people ask how I will introduce carb heat. I am still in the
designing stage of how I will build a box around the air filter. I will take
carb heat from the exhaust pipe by way of a muff. Ellison recommends this
design and has drawings to assist building one. I am just trying to figure out
how to do it without modifying my bottom cowl again. Here is a link to the
Ellison recommended designs. I may be originally from Georgia and just a good
ole country boy, but I have never and never will fly without carb heat. I
should have stated this in my first post. Take a look at these drawings from
Ellison:
http://www.ellison-fluid-systems.com/manual/appendixd.htm#1

Thanks for your concerns guys. :-)

Mark Jones (N886MJ)