----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Heath" <da...@alltel.net>

> I would like to see more details on your Ellison installation and get some
> information about any brackets you may have had to fabricate for that.
Can
> you show us the parts of your filter, taken apart?

The air filter is very simple. There are only three major components: 1) the
carb mounting flange 2) the filter 3) the cover plate. This is how I made
it: 1) I bought an air filter from Aeroconversions
http://www.sonex-ltd.com/order_engines.html which is for the Aerocarb $50
part #ACV-C10-30). 2) I purchased a piece of 2 1/2" od 1/8" wall x 2" long
piece of aluminum from the local metal shop for $2.60. I then cut a length
of 1/2" from that. 3) Next, I made a plate which would mate up to the
Ellison flange they have on their carb inlet. 4) Went to a local welder and
had him weld the ring to both the carb flange and the Aerocarb filter. The
welding, of course, ruined the nice red anodized finish on the Aerocarb
filter but the cover plate still looks real nice. It even has the
Aeroconversions logo stamped in it. So, after all is said and done, I have
an air filter which cost about $70 including the welding. Right now I have
no photos of it taken apart but will post some when I remove it for the air
box. BTW, I am not doing the Y connector you mentioned for heat. I will have
only one tube for that.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com