Folks,

I just got back from Oshkosh, it's 12:30 in the morning. I was extremely
disappointed to miss the only KR-2 that was there. I was really hoping to
get some input before I finally start on my project.

I know, I will get a hundred responses telling me I should come to the
gathering. I don't know about you guys, but my vacation days are rather
limited, and I have a family that appreciates it if I spend them with them.
I go to Oshkosh to get the maxiumum impression on all the planes that are
out there, and to pick up on other building techniques as well. I also go
because I usually go with friends from the area, and they are not very
interested in going to a type restricted meeting. My friends however were
asking me about the apparent absence of KR planes. The only one we saw was
the KR-1 on display in the FAA building.

Looking at the many complains that are on the net about not enough poeple
picking up the KR plans I really wonder what you are asking for. I don't
think that you can expect a larger crowd to appreciate this plane, if you
show it at "KR-only" gatherings. I don't know about the history with KR's
and the EAA, I joined in 1996, and frankly, if I had not picked up last the
last edition of Kitplanes Magazine that featured all the kit and plans build
aircraft, i wouldn't even know about the existence of the KR. The KR-2 is a
heck of a deal, and I bet a lot more enthusiasts would pick up the plans for
it. I looked at many kits out there, but there is hardly anything below $
20K to start with, and some can build 2 KR-2's with that money.

I just had to vent this out. Go ahead, flame me, I am off to my bed now
anyway.

Wolfgang