At 05:59 PM 8/23/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Here is a link to my new web page on my Belly Board Air Brake.
>http://mywebpage.netscape.com/n886mj/bellyboard.html
>Mark Jones (N886MJ)

Mark,

Do you know what the weight of the unit is?  I might decide to trade
my big heavy Cessna flap motor  for a much lighter one.  That would
lighten my wallet also so it could be a win/win situation in the
weight catagory.

Also, an observation on your installation for those that haven't gotten
to that point yet.  I'm not throwing rocks here but trying to add to
the information base.  I'm thinking your mounting of the belly board is
a bit of an overkill in the weight area.  My speed brake,  9"X30", is
mounted to the floor immediately behind the rear spar.  I reinforced
the floor with a piece of spruce, approx 1 or 1 1/2 inches wide from
bottom longeron to bottom longeron and 1/4" thick.  I used 5 each
3/16" bolts through this piece to mount the piano hinge to the bottom
of the KR.  My setup is nearly identical to yours and the brake
deploys to near 90 degrees.  I have 87 hours on the KR now and the
brake has been fully deployed on all but one landing and no problems.

My brake is 1/4" foam with spruce hard points on the lead edge and
motor attach point.  The piano hinge is floxed to the brake and I
have a number of 1" (approx) holes in the brake.  The edges are
somewhat feathered and there is an "air ramp" just ahead of the
piano hinge to help streamline the assembly.  I think there are
pictures on the KRnet web page with my project.

How many days to the Gathering???????????

Larry Flesner