"Actually, under the plug is the closest "practical" spot on the head to
take temperature measurements from".

Hello Scott

I just finished reading a one year section of the Archives on the CHT
subject, as well as Steve B's article on probe placement.  It seems to me
that even if the plug is the hottest spot, that since I run 4 Cylinder CHT,
that if cyl 3 is 450 and cyl 4 is 375, that cyl 3 is hotter then cyl 4.  It
is obvious that cyl 4 is up front and should be cooler then cylinder 3.
Cylinder 2 has the lowest temp and it is up front also.  Cylinder 2 is lower
then cylinder 4.    The question is, If the difference is due to cylinder
position, is it ok that cylinder 3 can reach 550 at WOT and lead the other
cylinders by as much as 100 degrees.   Tomorrow I will reinstall the 4 temp
probes under the cylinder head stud bolts, run the engine and see what kind
of temps I get.  Does anyone think that my moving the probes that I will get
more uniform temps?
Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR celebrating 20 years