Mark,

I had compression springs on my first KR and it was just like having a
direct connect.  I really don't know if that was the problem or it was just
me, but when the tail came down, the connection gave me no slack and if I
was not straight on, well, it was difficult.  I changed out to expansion
springs that have some give in them, and no longer had the problem.  However
 you guys with the big motors may need that, but that little tail wheel
doesn't really have much grip.  I think the direct connect means that you
had better be real good.  What if you are crabbing to a landing, using the
rudder and the tail wheel is in the same orientation?  I think you need to
be very precise when you really have no slack.

And, what Larry said.

"There is a time for building and a time for GOING TO THE GATHERING, and the
time for building has long since expired."
See you in Mt. Vernon - 2004 - KR Gathering  http://KRGathering.org
See N64KR at http://KR-Builder.org - Then click on the pics
Daniel R. Heath - Columbia, SC