I've been contemplating how I'm going to do my seat covers and was sharing
Marks latest gathering pics (Steve Glovers seats) with a guy here who came up
with the irrigation pipe fuel tank idea, and happens to dumpster dive at
automobile dealerships a lot and we've figured it out.

Seems that when heated seat heaters dont work the dealers strip off the nicely
stitched leather which has about an inch of foam on it and they replace the
heaters and seat covers. The perfectly good seat covers go in the dumpster. My
friend has a half dozen pairs in assorted colors. With only some minor
stitching for controls and a standard sling seat or composite support
underneath, they will work quite nicely

Also he mentioned that there are a lot of 400 cubic inch high performance race
cars that have resorted to using 2 garden tractor batteries to save weight. if
they can start that big an engine, I guess a corvair shouldnt be out of the
question.

Rich Parker
Peterborough, NH
rpar...@wwhotspots.com