From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of Allen Wiesner
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 12:02 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> bolt shear strength / Axle size

For an AN3 bolt in single shear mode, steel is 2,125 lbs.; aluminum is 990
lbs.

A AN4 bolt used as a tailwheel axle has a shear strength of 3,680 lbs.
Hmmm, assuming a 36 pound load on the tail that's a 100g landing.   :-)

Reference:  the table on page 84 of the 2004 Wicks catalog.

Allen G. Wiesner  KR-2SS/TD S/N 1118
65 Franklin Street
Ansonia, CT  06401-1240

(203) 732-0508