At 10:33 PM 1/2/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>I know how long it takes to retrofit a retract gear KR with Diehl gear.  Can
>anyone give me an idea on how long it takes to put on a set of Grove gear?

The gear will have to be streamlined and hydraulic lines installed prior to
glassing for reinforcement (about 2 days prior to installation in wing).
After the gear glass is dry, you will have to drill and mount/flox  the
wheel and gear/spar mount attachments (2-4 hours)and reinstall it with
glass reinforcement.
While the glass on the gear is drying, you will have to cut out the leading
edge.
At that point, you have to drill the spar for the gear mounting and install
the gear.

With your skill, and the ability to keep the area above 70 degrees, you can
probably get done in 1-2 days. It took me a week.

Larry Severson
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9852
lar...@socal.rr.com