how long it takes to put on a set of Grove gear?

Hello Brian

Back in "91",  I converted from the retract to the Rand fixed Gear.  The
gear that Rand sold at the time came with attach brackets.  They were an
exact match, and actually bolted in the same holes that the retract used.  I
was required to add a 1/4 plywood web to the spar and cut holes in the floor
to allow the attach brackets to drop through.  The brackets then bolted to
the rend gear.  I was finished in about 4 hours.  As for the hyd lines, I
attached them with clamps to the rear of the gear.  The gears stock was not
flat and came rounded at the front and rear, though I would not say it was
completely streamlined.  I think there is a difference in the grove gear and
the gear that Rand initially sold.  I don't know if the same Rand Gear and
brackets is still available.

Orma
Southfield, MI
N110LR celebrating 20 years