>Steve Glover,
How is the situation out there? Everyone ok?

Hello Mark and Netters,

We were finally allowed back in Monday but the runway is still closed.  It
isn't good.  My hangar is pretty rough right now.  I have about 4" of water
and mud inside.  Most everything is a loss.  I had a drill press, 10"
belt/disc sander, Metal chop saw, band saw, Parts washer, etc. that went
under.  I also had a number of other power hand tools that are most likely
toast as well.  I will try to disassemble and clean out the motors.
Hopefully I can salvage some of them.  All my Corvair stuff went under and
will need some major cleaning.  Fortunately I hadn't had my heads rebuilt
yet.  I won't be finishing the engine any time soon.  So much stuff was
strewn about and caked with mud, I have no idea where to start.

The Long-EZ stayed attached to the hoist and floated a bit so there was only
minimum water intrusion there.  That's a plus. It was surprising that the
canard and prop didn't get wet.  I had the canard on top of a shelf with the
prop sitting on top of that.  There was an egg crate type foam under it for
padding at one end and some blue foam under the other.  Apparently the whole
thing just floated up with the water level and settled on the far side of
the hangar without damage as the water receded.

The KR is still sitting out on the east end of the ramp and probably will be
for awhile.  Both Richard's planes are down there as well.  They only got
about 4' of water in their hangar.  The tailwind filled partly with water.
They said they were going to replace the fabric anyway.  They really didn't
have much damage other that losing a coupe rolls of fierglass.  My Rollaway
tool box was in their hangar and filled with water.  I have spent the last
few days cleaning that out and cleaning what tools are salvagable.  I
haven't looked at my welder or air compressor yet.

That's about it for now. Once the hangar is cleaned out and we have power, I
hope to get the elevator repairs on the KR.  I could really use a little
flight time about now.

Regards,

Steve Glover
KR-2 N902G